DIY Brown sugar wax recipe – How-to
Ingredients to make brown sugar waxing paste at home
How to store handmade brown sugar wax
How to clean up after making brown sugar wax
Fill your saucepan with water, and add the wooden spoon and the candy thermometer.
Let them soak for a bit.
All the sugar wax will melt.
Then rinse with clean water.
How to wax yourself with brown sugar wax
It’s essential to follow these steps when waxing yourself at home:
Make sure your skin is oil and moisture-free
- Before sugaring with the brown sugar wax, ensure your skin is moisture and oil-free.
- Use several folds of paper towels to soak up sweat or oil on your skin.
- If you’re waxing your underarms, use powder to soak up moisture.
- But always use paper towels when waxing your bikini line.
- Ensuring your skin is moisture or oil-free helps the brown sugar wax stick to the hair.
- So the wax removes the hair without you needing to reapply it several times.
- Which means you’d be done with your waxing within minutes.
- And with less pain.
Make sure your bathroom or bedroom is well-ventilated
- It’s always best to wax in a well-ventilated room to prevent sweating.
- Again sweat stops the wax from sticking to the hairs.
- So if you’re waxing in your room, sit before a fan.
- Or turn on your air conditioner.
- The plan is to make sure you’re comfortable and not sweating.
- And to wax fast and with less pain.
Knead the brown sugar wax.
- First, remove any rings so the wax doesn’t stick to them, making your life difficult.
- Then wet your fingertips.
- Next, scoop a tbsp. of wax and pull it apart with your fingertips.
- This sugar wax doesn’t need much kneading because brown sugar has candy-like properties.
- So it gets caramel-ly without much kneading.
- I think I only kneaded it for about 1 minute, and t was ready for use.
Steps to use the brown sugar wax.
- Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth, and pull swiftly in the opposite direction.
- Repeat until you’ve removed all the hairs.
- Then throw the brown sugar wax hairball in the trash.
- And follow with a post-waxing skincare.
Post waxing skincare tips.
- After sugaring with brown sugar wax, clean your skin with a damp washcloth.
- Then tweeze out any short or light hairs the wax didn’t pick.
- Next, exfoliate your skin with a thick baking soda and water paste.
- Leave it on your skin for a few minutes, then rinse it with warm water.
- Or wipe off with a clean wet washcloth.
- Then moisturize your skin with a light moisturizer.
- Avoid wearing clothes that touch your newly waxed skin.
- Also, if you wax your underarms, please don’t use deodorants for at least one day.
- And for your bikini area, skip underwear until tomorrow.
- To avoid chaffing on the skin.
- But you can take showers.
- However, you must be gentle on freshly waxed skin.
I waxed my arm with the brown sugar waxing paste
So I waxed my arm after with the DIY brown sugaring wax.
It stuck to the hair and pulled them out clean.
And I waxed my left arm from my elbow to my wrist.
Now I have one hairless arm and one hairy one.
Anyway, I just thought I’d put it out there.
I also did a Brazilian with it.
When doing a Brazilian with this brown sugar wax, I noticed the wax didn’t melt like that.
Maybe because my room was well-ventilated.
But I always wax in an airy room, and most times, the sugar wax melts a lot.
However, the brown sugar wax was intact from the beginning to the end of my waxing session.
And I was done with my Brazilian within 10 to 15 minutes.
I think the homemade brown sugar wax is a new favorite.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- A saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Candy thermometer
- Add the brown sugar, salt, lemon juice, and water into your saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat while stirring with the wooden spoon.
- After several minutes your brown sugar wax will start boiling.
- Keep stirring the wax until it forms bubbles.
- Cook the DIY brown sugar wax for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Or until it reaches about 250 degrees.
- Then take the saucepan off the stove.
- But keep stirring the DIY wax until the temperature drops to about 120 oF.
- Then pour the homemade brown sugar wax into a microwave-safe container.
- Your mason jar would crack if you poured hot sugar wax into it. So to be safe, wait until the wax is just warm.
- You won’t be able to get all of the wax out of the pot.
- But get as much as you can.
Brown sugar wax video tutorial
Boom! A DIY brown sugar wax recipe
So that’s how to make sugaring paste with brown sugar.
If you find this brown sugar waxing recipe helpful, please share it.
Thanks for reading.
What DIY skincare recipes would you like to see?
Please let me know in the comments.
See you in the next one.