How To Make Orange Zest Sugar Scrub DIY
You’d love this DIY orange zest sugar scrub if you love citrus fruits.
As the title says, this scrub was made with orange peel, the oily fluid known as orange zest, and white sugar.
It is also rich in vitamin C, brightening the skin and fading off dark spots.
The best part is that this scrub is affordable and easy to whip up in minutes.
If you are ready, let’s go and make it.
How To Make A Zesty Orange Sugar Scrub
Orange scrub ingredients
- The zest and peel of an orange
- 1 cup white sugar
- A grater to extract your zest and rind
- To extract the orange zest, grate around your uncut orange(s) until you get the amount of orange peel you need for your citrus body scrub
- Mix it with your sugar,
- If it is too dry, add more orange zest
- But if you are out of oranges, add coconut oil.
- Voila! Your orange zest sugar scrub is ready for use.
This Mandarin Honey Body scrub is another citrus DIY sugar scrub you may love.
How to use DIY orange zest sugar scrub
If you have not tried orange zest on the skin before, I suggest you test a small portion.
Whatever result you get tells you if it is good for you.
And if your results are excellent, go ahead and exfoliate your body with the citrus body scrub following a bath.
Then moisturize thereafter.
When to use your orange peel sugar scrub
Whenever you choose to use your orange sugar scrub is entirely up to you.
And the number of times weekly depends on your skin type. But exfoliating maybe twice a week should be enough.
Just do what works for you.
Benefits of orange zest to the skin
- Orange zest is high in vitamin C, which brightens dull skin
- It also fights acne and clears dead skin cells
- Orange peels contain anti-oxidants that protect your skin from getting too dry or oily.
- Because vitamin C makes the skin lighter, this orange sugar scrub may help brighten dark underarms at home.
DIY Mandarin Honey Sugar Scrub For Body Exfoliation
Homemade Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub – For Soft Hands
DIY Orange Bath Salts With Essential Oils
How to store DIY orange sugar scrub
- If you make this scrub today, it will have a yellow crystalline appearance.
- But by the next day, you would notice a rich orange color because the sugar and citrus zest have bonded together overnight.
- This orange sugar scrub can last up to a week in your refrigerator. But I suggest you make it today, use it tomorrow, and make a fresh batch next time.
- After a week or a couple of weeks, the zest will begin to turn brown, which means your zesty orange sugar scrub has stayed too long.
- Also, your orange scrub won’t smell as zesty as the first time once it starts turning brown.
Zesty Orange Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
Homemade Lime Tea Tree Oil Sugar Scrub Recipe
Easy Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub For Foot Exfoliation
Natural Products For Skin Care: Everything You Must Know
Let’s Wrap Up!
There you go.
You can make a DIY orange zest sugar scrub today with the peel of one orange and a cup of sugar.
If you made this citrus sugar scrub, please share your thoughts in the comments.
Also, please share this post if you enjoyed it.
Thanks for reading!
This scrub sounds wonderful and easy to do!
Yes it is amazing and easy to make. Thanks for reading, Lanae.
Awesome post , thanks
I’m glad you like it. Thanks for reading, Tolulope.
Your zesty orange scrub would just be heavenly for the summer. The scent alone is just so energizing. I’m going to try this! Thanks
I trust you’d enjoy the heavenly scent of orange zest. Thanks for reading, Erna.