Hello! Interested in making a delightful lemon sugar hand scrub at home?
This scrub is perfect for rejuvenating your hands after domestic duties.
And also for your DIY manicure sessions.
It’s easy and quick.
And you can whip it up with simple ingredients available in your kitchen: lemon, sugar, and coconut oil.
Thanks to the coconut oil, this DIY lemon scrub will exfoliate and deeply nourish your hands.
Leaving them supple and soft post-scrub!
Place it in your kitchen or bathroom, wherever suits you best.
No time to read?
Scroll to the end of the page to grab a printable version of this refreshing lemon sugar scrub recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through them. I only endorse products I use and trust.
How To Make Lemon Hand Scrub
You can either scroll down to watch the video or read on or print the recipe at the bottom of this page.
Ingredients to make a lemon sugar hand scrub
- 1 cup of sugar: acts as a natural exfoliant.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice: acts as a natural antibacterial and cleanser.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil: acts as an anti-aging moisturizer.
- A sprinkle of lemon zest for a heightened citrus aroma and garnishing.
- Pour sugar, lemon zest, coconut oil, and juice into a small bowl.
- Then mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Next, spoon the Lemon sugar hand scrub into a wide-mouth jar/container.
- Grate on some more lemon zest as garnishing.
- Then put the airtight lid on, and store the lemon scrub in your fridge.
- Exfoliate your hands with this Lemon sugar scrub whenever they feel dry.
- Rinse off after several minutes, and dry your hands lightly.
- Your hands will feel smoother and softer.
- You can add this hand scrub to your at-home manicure routine or use it just before bedtime.
- This Lemon sugar scrub will harden up like candy if exposed to air.
- So make sure the lid is airtight.
Scroll down to print the recipe.
Homemade Lemon sugar scrub video – tutorial
How to use a DIY lemon sugar scrub for a manicure
- First, clean your nail polish off (if your nails are polished).
- Next, trim your cuticles with a sterilized cuticle trimmer.
- Then file and buff your nails.
- Afterward, wash your hands with hand soap or your regular bath soap.
- Then exfoliate your hands with your lemon sugar scrub, and rinse off after a few minutes.
- You don’t have to use hand cream thanks to the coconut oil in the hand scrub.
- Wipe your nails with a cotton ball and polish remover before applying your base coat.
- Apply your nail polish twice for a better finish, and make sure it is completely dry before applying the topcoat.
- And you’re done. You gave yourself a great DIY manicure.
Benefits of Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub:
Lemon sugar hand scrub is not just about the refreshing scent of lemons; it has several skincare benefits, including:
- It exfoliates dead skin cells, revealing smoother skin underneath.
- The antibacterial properties of lemon cleanse the skin.
- Coconut oil provides deep moisturization, preventing dryness and cracks.
- It leaves the skin feeling soft, rejuvenated, and infused with a pleasant citrus aroma.
Print The Lemon Hand Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Plus lemon zest for scent and garnish
- Mason jar
- Bowl and spoon
- Mix the lemon juice, sugar, and coconut oil in a bowl
- Transfer your scrub into a wide mouth jar/container
- Garnish with lemon zest
- Place the lid and store it in your fridge
- Exfoliate your hands whenever they feel dry
- Rinse off after several minutes
- Pat your hands dry
- Your hands will feel smoother and softer
- You can also add this hand scrub to your at-home manicure routine or use it just before bedtime.
- This lemon sugar scrub will harden up like candy if exposed to air.
- So make sure the lid is airtight.
Boom! Lemon Scrub for Hands
That’s how to make a lemon sugar hand scrub for exfoliating and keeping your hands soft.
All the ingredients to make this DIY hand scrub are available in your kitchen.
Make it, use it, and love it!
Please don’t forget to share this post on your favorite social media channels.
Thanks for reading!
Happy DIYing! Keep your hands happy and moisturized!