Today I’ll show you how to make an effective DIY honey eye cream.
Do you know how the areas around your eye get puffed up with dark circles and wrinkles?
This happens because the skin around your eye area is thinner.
And the first to show signs of aging.
So it is advised to start using an eye cream in your 20s to prevent wrinkles early.
You definitely don’t want a crusty eye area.
Let’s hit the lab and whip up something AHmazing!
How to make a DIY honey eye cream
Tools you need:
- Saucepan – to boil the water
- Spatula/spoon – for stirring
- Pyrex measuring cup – for the double boil set-up
Ingredients for your homemade honey eye cream recipe:
- 1 tbsp Vaseline
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 capsule of vitamin E.
Directions to make a DIY honey eye cream
- First, bring water to a boil in an open pot/saucepan.
- Place your ingredients in a double-boil setup.
- Then add the vaseline to your pyrex measuring cup.
- And let it sit in the boiling water.
- Stir the vaseline with a spatula or spoon until it is completely melted.
- Then take the measuring cup out of the boiling water and turn off the stove.
- Next, add aloe gel while the mixture is warm.
- Allow it to cool before you add the vitamin E capsule.
- Mix again. And your homemade eye cream is ready.
- Transfer it into an airtight container and store it safely.
How to store your DIY eye cream
- Store your DIY eye cream in the fridge.
- This homemade eye cream can be used for up to 2 months.
How to use the DIY honey eye cream
Please do a patch test on your wrist and leave for 24hrs.
If there’s no reaction noticed, go ahead and use it.
Apply your eye cream at night before sleeping.
And wash it off in the morning.
Then use your regular morning face cream.
Benefits of using an eye cream:
Your eye area skin is more sensitive and thinner than the rest of your face.
Which makes it more prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
- So eye creams help keep the skin around your eyes looking young and healthy.
- It also hydrates the skin and improves its texture and tone.
- Eye creams reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Also, regular use of eye creams refreshes your eyes as it lessens dark circles and puffiness.
- Lastly, frequent use of eye cream will help keep your skin looking its best for years to come.
- And also delay signs of aging.
- Some eye creams defend against UV rays and other environmental aggressors.
This an effective DIY honey eye cream recipe to make on a budget.
With simple and affordable ingredients, you can whip it up in minutes.
Please share your feedback when you try, and I will respond.
Until I come your way next time.
I remain your loyal plug for all skincare DIY.
Signing out with love.