Whether you like to use face masks for at-home facials or just for funny pictures, this DIY honey oatmeal face mask fits the occasion.
With just two ingredients in your kitchen, you are ready to whip this up.
And apply it to your face in no time.
Since this mask is just for your face and neck, you need small portions of each ingredient.
You don’t want to make this face mask and store it for later. It won’t or may not last long.
Moreover, it is better to make a new homemade face mask whenever you need it to treat your face.
And don’t feel stuck if you have honey allergies. You can easily substitute honey for water in this DIY oatmeal face mask recipe.
The only difference is that your face may be slightly drier than if you used honey. But that can be solved by applying a face moisturizer.
Now, let’s go and make the DIY oatmeal honey face mask.
How To Make A DIY Honey Oatmeal Face Mask
To make your life easier, ensure you have ground oatmeal on-ground at all times.
I just blended and stored about 2 cups of oatmeal myself to use for pancakes and homemade face masks.
Now let’s get to work.
- 1 tbsp of ground oatmeal
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp of honey
- Add more oatmeal to make it thicker or more honey for a runny mask
- Mix the honey and oatmeal in a small bowl until well combined.
- And use it immediately.
How to use the oatmeal honey face mask
- Then apply the DIY mask to your clean face using a brush or fingertips.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse completely with lukewarm water.
- Dry your face with a clean towel, and follow with a light face moisturizer.
- Your face would feel smooth and less shiny.
You may also love DIY Banana Honey Face Mask.
Important things to look out for when using this homemade face mask
- This DIY face mask is not the type that dries up on your face. So it is best to set a timer for how long you want to leave it on.
- Since this oatmeal mask is grainy, try to scrub your face a little before rinsing it off.
- After washing and drying your face, it would feel smooth and less shiny, but not dry.
- But make sure to use a light moisturizer.
- This homemade face mask can last a few days in the fridge because of its honey content.
- But it’s best to make a small batch and use it the same day.
- Or better still, share it with a friend, sibling, or kiddo.
- This honey oatmeal mask can also be used as a whole-body exfoliation, thanks to its grainy texture.
There you have it! A DIY honey oatmeal face mask for at-home facial treatment.
Now you can plan a home spa day with a natural homemade face mask.
And pamper your skin to the fullest.
Did you make this oatmeal honey face mask?
Please let us know your experience.
Thanks for reading.
Remember to share this post.