Are you looking for a refreshing homemade sugar scrub to exfoliate and invigorate your skin?
Then you’d love this cucumber mint sugar scrub recipe.
Like most homemade skincare products, this scrub is easy and fun to make.
And it’s perfect for gift-giving or as a self-care treat for yourself.
The best part about this cucumber mint scrub is that it contains no extra oil asides from the essential oil.
So it’s great to use during summer when you don’t need more oil on your already oily skin.
Also, the cooling effect of the peppermint essential oil will keep you cool on a hot summer day.
So grab a piece of cucumber, whip it up, and get your glow on.
How to make cucumber mint sugar scrub
To make this DIY cucumber scrub, you need only a few ingredients.
- Sugar: a natural exfoliant that helps remove dead skin and unclog pores.
- Cucumber: rich in antioxidants that help fight against free radicals.
- Peppermint essential oil: has a refreshing scent and is known for its antibacterial and soothing properties.
These three ingredients combine to make a powerful scrub that exfoliates the skin and also soothes and nourishes it.
- 1 or 2 inches of a cucumber
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 to 7 drops of peppermint essential oil (feel free to add other essential oils you love)
- A blender or food processor
- A knife
- Measuring cups
- A small mason jar
- Cut your cucumber into small pieces.
- And throw them into the blender or food processor.
- The food processor will give you a better-looking cucumber scrub than mine.
- Anyway, blend the cucumber into a puree.
- Then add the sugar and peppermint essential oil and blend until the ingredients are well-combined.
- This scrub might be runny.
- Feel free to add more sugar to thicken it.
- And your homemade cucumber mint scrub is ready for use.
- You’d notice I used only a few drops of essential oil because this scrub has no carrier oil.
- But you can add 1/8 cup of coconut oil to lessen the strength of the essential oil.
- And also avoid burns.
How to store your cucumber mint sugar scrub
Fruit and vegetable scrubs are better when used up on the same day.
So I’d advise that you don’t use more than one cup of sugar for this scrub.
Unless you need more or have someone to share it with.
This is not a DIY scrub to make and store in the fridge.
It won’t be fresh after a day or two in the fridge.
So it’s best to make a fresh batch of DIY cucumber sugar scrub when needed.
Things to look out for when making the DIY cucumber mint scrub
- I’ll advise you to use a little cucumber at a time.
- So you don’t end up with a runny scrub like mine.
- But if you like runny scrubs, that’s okay.
- However, if you prefer crumbly scrub, use a little cucumber at a time.
- That way, you can control the consistency of the exfoliant.
- Also, your scrub might look like mine if you’re using a blender.
- With some chunks of cucumber that didn’t blend well.
- But with a food processor, your results might be a cucumber scrub with fewer chunks.
- Also, if the cucumber scrub is runny, it will settle after sitting for some minutes.
How to use cucumber mint sugar scrub.
This cucumber mint scrub is excellent for exfoliating and hydrating your skin.
But as with any skincare product, watching how you use it is essential.
So you can get the best results.
Tips to follow before using the cucumber scrub:
- Wash your skin before you exfoliate it.
- Do a patch test before using this homemade sugar scrub or other natural DIY skincare products.
- And please don’t use this scrub if your skin is irritated or allergic to the ingredients.
Steps to use the scrub
- First, wash your skin, and dry it with a clean towel.
- But let it be damp; this will help the scrub spread on your skin easily.
- Then take some cucumber sugar scrub and exfoliate your skin gently.
- Ensure to focus more on parts of your body that are dry and rough.
- The scrub will fall on your bathtub or shower floor.
- Make sure to scrub your soles on it.
- Leave the scrub on for several minutes.
- Keep yourself busy.
- Then rinse off the scrub with lukewarm water.
- Pat the skin with a towel.
- And use a light moisturizer to lock in moisture.
- Please use sunscreen if you’re going out in the sun.
- Your skin would feel smooth, hydrated, and refreshed, like you just came out of the spa.
Use this cucumber mint sugar scrub once or twice weekly to brighten and hydrate your skin.
My review of the cucumber mint DIY sugar scrub
After a shower, I exfoliated my skin with this cooling cucumber scrub.
The scrub spread on my skin easily, as it was pretty runny.
And I exfoliated my whole body and around my chin and jaw area.
I usually don’t use most DIY scrubs on my face.
So I stopped just as I realized my face might not enjoy a homemade cucumber scrub.
Anyway, I let the scrub sit on my skin for about 2 to 5 minutes while I brush my teeth.
Yep, I brushed my teeth in the shower.
At this time, the peppermint was cooling my skin.
Then I started feeling cold. Lol.
So I rinsed off the scrub with warm water.
And also rinsed the bathtub as there were many cucumber particles in it.
Then I patted my skin with a towel and used some moisturizer.
My skin felt clean, smooth, and refreshed.
Also, you’d feel the smoothness in your palms too.
Another thing I noticed is that the part of my face that I exfoliated with this cucumber scrub broke out the same day.
So I have a pimple on my cheek as I write this post.
Cucumber mint sugar scrub benefits
Let’s discuss the benefits of cucumber mint scrub for the skin.
Exfoliates dead skin cells
Cucumber mint sugar scrub is a great natural exfoliant to remove dead skin cells, revealing smoother and softer skin.
It contains granulated sugar that gently sloughs off dead skin, making the skin glow naturally.
It hydrates and nourishes the skin.
Cucumber contains lots of water.
And when combined with mint and sugar, it exfoliates and hydrates your skin.
Helping it retain moisture and making it soft and supple.
Reduces inflammation and irritation
Cucumber also has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce skin inflammation and irritation.
The peppermint essential oil also has a cooling effect that relieves irritated skin.
While the sugar acts as a natural exfoliant, removing the dead skin cells that contribute to skin inflammation.
Helps fight acne
Cucumber mint sugar scrub is an excellent natural treatment for acne.
The scrub helps unclog pores, removes impurities from the skin, and reduces acne breakouts.
Peppermint essential oil also has antiseptic properties that kill acne-causing bacteria.
It improves skin texture and brightens skin tone
Sugar helps to smoothen your skin, making it soft and supple.
While the cucumber extract brightens the skin tone, giving you a healthy glow.
Peppermint essential oil promotes relaxation.
The refreshing scent of peppermint essential oil calms the senses, reduces stress, and helps you relax.
And because of peppermint aromatherapy benefits, adding this scrub to your self-care routine will positively impact you.
Wrapping up the cucumber mint sugar scrub DIY recipe
Cucumber mint sugar scrub has several benefits for your skin.
Its natural ingredients work together to provide a refreshing and revitalizing skincare experience.
It helps exfoliate dead skin cells and moisturizes and nourishes your skin for a radiant glow.
The cucumber extract in the scrub is known for its soothing and cooling properties.
Making it an excellent choice if you have sensitive skin.
Peppermint essential oil, on the other hand, invigorates your senses and helps you relax.
And the sugar removes dull skin and improves the skin’s appearance.
This cucumber mint sugar scrub has become my go-to for achieving beautiful, healthy skin.
The natural refreshing ingredients leave my skin feeling soft and rejuvenated.
If you’re looking for an easy scrub to improve your self-care routine, I highly recommend this homemade cucumber mint sugar exfoliant.
If you enjoyed this DIY tutorial, please share it.
Thanks for reading.