All ye scrub lovers, I want to show you how to make DIY foaming sugar coffee scrub under $3.
Yes, you read that right.
I bet you know by now that I live on a very tight budget, but I gotta take care of myself.
So this DIY foaming sugar scrub is extremely cheap and deep cleanses your skin.
The products I used cost only $2.
and the finished product costs less than a dollar.
Everything you need to make this scrub is readily available in your house.
Otherwise, you can get them from a department store.
There is a step-by-step slideshow of how to make the scrub below.
But if you are not a fan of foaming scrubs, check out this DIY coffee honey scrub with used and unused coffee grounds.
With that being said, let’s make our foaming sugar coffee scrub.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links! This means that if you purchase through a link on this post, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you).
How To Make A Foaming DIY Sugar Coffee Scrub
To ensure our budget stays under $3, you don’t have to buy any containers.
You can use any old wide-mouth container in your bathroom or kitchen.
I usually use old condiments jars with lids or the bowl pictured above.
Ingredients and tools
- a bowl and a spoon to mix
- an empty wide-mouth container with a lid
- 1-ounce body wash
- 1 cup of sugar (white or brown), it doesn’t change anything
- 1 tbsp coffee.
- Measure the amount of body wash in a bowl
- Add the sugar and mix it
- The mixture should be thick, like ice cream; if not, add more sugar
- And add the coffee
- Transfer the thick foaming DIY sugar coffee scrub into a wide-mouth container.
- Store it in your bathroom or refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
How To Make A Runny DIY Foaming Sugar Coffee Scrub
If you prefer a runny foamy sugar scrub, use a bottle instead of a jar to store it. And you can skip the coffee in this scrub recipe.
- Add more body wash, less sugar, and coffee into a measuring cup and mix to your desired consistency,
- pour the runny sugar coffee scrub into an empty bottle, place the cap,
- and keep it in your bathroom.
You may also love this Whipped Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub With Essential Oils.
How To Use Foaming Sugar Scrub
Because this is a foaming exfoliant, there are two ways you can use it.
- Use it to exfoliate your whole body after a shower. Then rinse off, and moisturize your skin.
- Use it straight with exfoliating gloves for a refreshing shower. Don’t forget to moisturize after.
What to look out for in the runny foaming sugar coffee scrub
- This scrub does not contain an emulsifier, so expect it to settle or separate when stored.
- But you can give it a little shake before using it again.
- Also, the sugar would melt into the body wash after some time.
- I think it makes the body wash richer in texture, and I like it.
- Lastly, if there’s less sugar than body wash, feel free to add more sugar.
That’s how to make a DIY foaming sugar coffee scrub for under $3, both thick and runny.
Remember that you can skip the coffee in your runny sugar scrub.
So with just a bottle of body wash, a pack of sugar, and coffee, you can make a foaming sugar coffee scrub at home.
Thanks for reading!
Please don’t forget to share this post on your favorite social media channels.