Do you want to try all-natural skin care treatments?
But you find it hard to know what ingredients are best for your skin type?
I’ve made several natural skincare products to keep my skin healthy and glowing.
And in this post, I’ll show you seven all-natural skin-care treatments you can make today.
Note: Always do a patch test before using any natural skincare products.
7 all-natural skin care treatments you can do at home
1. DIY honey face mask
Honey is a natural antiseptic and moisturizer.
Which makes it a great ingredient to use in a homemade mask.
How to make a honey mask
To make a honey mask:
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Use the mask after washing your face.
- And leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
- Dry your face with a clean towel and use a moisturizer.
The honey helps to draw out impurities, while the lemon juice helps to brighten and tone your skin.
You can also use honey in homemade face and body exfoliants.
Check them out below.
2. DIY oatmeal exfoliating face mask
Oatmeal is a great natural exfoliant that helps remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh, healthy skin.
How to make an oatmeal face exfoliant
To make an oatmeal exfoliant,
- grind one cup of oats in a food processor or blender.
- In a bowl, mix the oats with two tablespoons of honey and enough water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and gently massage it in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Remember to follow with a face cream.
3. Homemade cucumber toner
Cucumber is a great natural toner that helps remove excess oil, hydrates, and refreshes your skin.
How to make a cucumber toner
- Blend two cucumbers and strain the juice into a bowl.
- Apply the cucumber juice to your face with a cotton ball.
- And let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Use a face cream for extra moisturization.
4. Handmade yogurt and banana mask
Yogurt and banana are great natural ingredients that help exfoliate and maintain skin elasticity.
How to make a yogurt and banana mask
- Mash a few slices of ripe banana and mix it with one teaspoon of plain yogurt.
- Apply the mask to your clean face.
- And let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Moisturize with a face cream afterward.
5. Avocado face mask
Avocado is a great natural ingredient that helps to moisturize and nourish your skin.
How to make an avocado face mask
- Mash one ripe avocado and mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
- This recipe will be more than you need for your face.
- And you can’t store the leftover in your fridge.
- But you can use it on your body and rinse it off after several minutes.
- Your skin would feel and look moisturized and replenished.
Below are two other homemade skincare products you can make with avocado.
6. Coconut oil moisturizer
Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer and antibacterial that helps to hydrate and protect your skin.
You can use coconut oil as a regular skin moisturizer or to make homemade skin exfoliants.
How to use coconut oil as a moisturizer
- Apply a small amount to your face and massage it until fully absorbed.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for an extra moisture boost.
You can also get the moisturizing benefits of coconut oil when you use it in homemade scrubs.
How to make a coconut oil scrub
- Mix one cup of sugar with 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Add some vanilla extract and mix again.
- Store your coconut oil scrub in a container with a lid.
How to use a coconut oil scrub
- Use this coconut oil scrub to exfoliate your skin after a shower.
- Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before you rinse it off.
- Let our skin dry up on its own.
Your skin will feel smooth, supple, and hydrated.
7. Apple cider vinegar toner
Apple cider vinegar is a great natural toner that helps to remove excess oil and clarify your skin.
How to make an apple cider vinegar toner
- Mix one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water.
- Apply the mixture to your face with a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Please follow with a face moisturizer to prevent the skin from drying up.
Conclusion on all-natural skin care treatments you can do at home
You can do these natural skincare treatments at home to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
You can make your own natural skincare products for your skin type with a little effort.
So don’t be afraid to experiment and find the homemade skin care products that work best for you!
Please check out Natural Products For Skin Care: Everything You Must Know.
And also, visit the DIY skincare recipes category for more all-natural skin care treatments you can make at home.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and family.
Thanks for reading.
See you in the next one.