Do you want to know how to get a perfectly smooth pubic area?
Don’t worry; I got you.
This post will show you the steps I used to go from itchy, rough skin to a perfectly smooth pubic area.
I’ll also show you a simple post-hair removal routine to improve pubic skin.
So you can rock that sexy bikini next summer.
Let’s dive in.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you purchase using the links in this post at no extra cost.
How To Get A Perfectly Smooth Pubic Area
Change Your Hair Removal Method
Say you’ve been shaving your pubic area, and it’s never smooth.
You can try changing hair removal methods to see how it works.
Switch From Shaving To Waxing Or Sugaring
Changing your hair removal method from shaving to waxing can help you get a perfectly smooth pubic area.
When I used to shave, I got bumps a lot.
So someone recommended waxing, and I tried it.
Though waxing was crazy painful, it helped reduce the ingrown hairs.
And it helped make my bikini area smoother.
The thing is, sugaring and waxing remove hairs from the root.
Which leaves your skin smooth for days.
Also, sugaring makes the subsequent hair growth thinner and softer.
Unlike the spiky and itchy hair that grows back a few days after shaving.
And you must follow a post-waxing routine to improve the skin.
So maybe switch from shaving to sugaring.
You can buy sugaring wax if you don’t have the time and patience to make it.
Try Shaving Instead Of Hair Removal Creams.
I don’t recommend hair removal creams because I had unpleasant experiences with them.
But if you use hair removal creams and it’s causing you bumps, switch to shaving, waxing, or sugaring.
Though shaving causes ingrown hairs and bumps, you can still get a perfectly smooth pubic area with an after-shaving skincare routine.
But we’ll get to that soon.
Laser Hair Removal
Other hair removal methods, like laser hair removal, can help keep your pubic area smooth.
But I’ve never tried it, so I can’t recommend it.
Also, I’m guessing laser hair removal is more expensive than waxing or sugaring.
But you can search on Google and research before doing a laser hair removal.
So moving on.
Always Do A Post-Hair Removal Skincare Routine To Get A Perfectly Smooth Bikini Area.
To get a smooth pubic area, always do a post-hair removal skincare routine.
Exfoliate Your Pubic Skin After Hair Removal
- No matter how you remove hair from your pubic area, it’s important you exfoliate the skin.
- And make sure to use a gentle and non-abrasive exfoliant like baking soda.
- So mix a tablespoon of baking soda with half a teaspoon of water to make a thick paste.
- Then exfoliate your pubic area with the paste.
- It removes dead skin and bacteria, which helps reduce the chances of bumps and ingrown hairs.
- So let the baking soda sit for at least five minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Your bikini area will feel smooth and clean.
- Then move to the next step.
Moisturize The Skin
- After exfoliating, you can apply aloe vera gel or honey to soothe your pubic area.
- Then rinse it off after several minutes.
- And follow with a regular light moisturizer.
- And go to the next step.
Skip Panties To Avoid Chafing After Hair Removal
- The most crucial step to hold all these together is to avoid chafing.
- You don’t want to remove hairs, treat your skin to a good post-hair removal care, and then ruin it with chafing.
- So please don’t wear panties after removing hairs from your pubic area if you want it to be smooth.
- Because panties cause friction on your freshly exfoliated pubic skin.
- Which can cause tenderness and pain.
Next, Skip Underwear To Allow Ventilation To The Pubic Area.
- After hair removal, give your skin some time to breathe.
- So again, skip the panties for a day.
- Because panties block ventilation to your pubic area.
- So let your bikini area get some air.
- Which helps heal and soothe your skin.
- Then you can continue wearing panties the next day.
Exfoliate The Bikini Area Regularly To Prevent Bumps
- Another tip to get a perfectly smooth pubic area is to exfoliate the skin regularly.
- So you removed hair and exfoliated your bikini area a few days ago.
- Don’t stop there.
- Make sure to exfoliate your pubic area at least once a week.
- Use baking soda and water or a honey sugar scrub.
- But if you prefer drugstore scrubs, use them.
- The plan is to exfoliate your pubic area regularly to unclog the pores and prevent ingrown hairs.
Lastly, To Get A Smooth Pubic Area, Stick To The Hair Removal And Aftercare Routine.
So you’ve found a step-by-step method to get a perfectly smooth pubic area.
Please stick to it.
Don’t stop doing what works for your skin.
Make sure these steps are a part of your regular skincare routine.
And you’d see improvements in your bikini area skin.
Other Tips To Get A Smooth Pubic Area
Keep The Pubic Skin Clean.
So wash your area with room temperature water.
Please don’t use hot water in your pubic area.
Use Good Quality Products For Hair Removal.
So invest in good shaving sticks, trimmers, waxing, or sugaring products.
Wear More Cotton Panties To Allow More Ventilation.
Even if you have lacy underwear, make sure the gusset (crotch area) is cotton.
This would help prevent sweating and moisture, which promotes bad bacteria growth.
And remember not to wear underwear when you’re at home.
Let your girlie parts breathe.
That’s the exact steps I used and still use to keep my bikini area smooth.
I hope you find them helpful.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.
I’d do my best to answer them.
Thanks for reading.
You might also find these related posts helpful: