In this post, I’ll show you how to shower properly to smell good as a woman.
Some of us think washing and rinsing out our hair as long as water runs down our bodies is enough.
That’s not enough.
In fact, such practices will leave you smelling bad.
So, I’ll share
- my shower routine to smell good all day.
- body spots you must pay more attention to when showering for you to smell great,
- how to bathe properly,
- how to wash your face in the shower, and
- an after-shower routine.
This post is quite long, and I understand that ads can be intrusive sometimes.
So, to make it easier for you, I’ve copied the exact post and made it into a PDF file you can download to your device and read without ads.
The pdf version of this post costs only $5.
But if this is not in your budget, that’s fine.
Just scroll down and keep reading the post. Thank you.
Let’s dive in.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn small commissions when you buy stuff through the links at no extra cost. The commissions are what I use to continue running this blog. I only recommend products I use, love, and trust.
How to shower properly
Before we get into this part, here are 8 Shower Essentials For Better Bath Time.
You can open that link in another tab and check it out after reading this post.
I’m sure you know what to do.
Steps on how to properly shower as a woman
- Turn on your shower and set the proper water temperature for you.
- Then, let the water run and soak up your skin, preparing it for washing.
- If you use exfoliating gloves, put them on or get your washcloth wet.
- Use your wet gloves to apply soap to your body once it is soaked enough.
- No, it’s not gross!
- Even if some people say it is gross to rub your soap on your body,
- Soap is self-cleaning; it washes.
- If you use a washcloth or sponge, soap your body the same way as above.
- Apply some soap to your sponge or washcloth before scrubbing with it.
- This step guarantees a very foamy wash, which I believe is good.
- Now, move on to cleaning your body.
How to take a proper shower to smell good as a woman
Always start with your face.
Unless you’re going to wash your hair, then wash your face last.
How to wash your face in the shower
- First, wet your face with your hand shower if you don’t want your hair to get wet.
- Next, pump some face soap or wash onto your palms, then wash your face with both hands.
- I normally wash my face for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Then rinse your face with the hand shower or stand under the shower.
- Then go on to wash your whole body.
How to wash your body in the shower
Use your soapy sponge, washcloth, or exfoliating glove and wash your:
- neck, chest, shoulders, underarms, and under your busts.
- Scrub your belly and back.
- Your thighs, front and back,
- Your butt, around, and in between.
- Don’t let soap get into your private area.
- Then go on to wash your thighs, knees, lower legs, and feet.
- Scrub your heels, soles, and in-between your toes too.
- Remember to use your finger and a washcloth or shower gloves to wash your outer ear and behind it.
- Next, rinse under the shower.
- And continue cleaning your body with your hands as the water runs down.
- Rinse in between your thighs and buttocks in case there’s soap there.
- Once you are done, dry your body and moisturize immediately to prevent drying.
Body parts to focus on to take proper showers as a woman
To smell good after a shower, you must wash your body properly and pay more attention to certain body parts.
So never skip these parts of your body, even if you plan to take a quick shower.
Because the underarm is part of your body that’s not usually exposed.
It holds on to sweat, oils, dead skin, and bacteria that cause body odor.
Don’t just wash your underarms with only soap and water.
Your armpits need proper exfoliation to remove leftover antiperspirants and dead skin.
So here’s how to wash your underarms
You can either wear your exfoliating gloves or fold them and use some soap to scrub your underarms.
But I discovered that folding the gloves scrubs the underarms skin better.
Then, once or twice a week, exfoliate your underarms with a good cleansing scrub.
It removes deodorant, reduces itchiness, and brightens your underarms.
Another body part you must pay attention to when showering is your buttocks.
Those are spots that can grow bacteria and produce funky odors.
Also, some of us wipe with only toilet tissue daily.
So washing your front and back sides thoroughly when taking showers will also help you smell good.
How do you wash your butt?
- Wear a pair of exfoliating gloves and pour some shower gel.
- Rub your hands together to lather the soap in both hands.
- Now, stand with your legs apart; wash your buttocks gently.
- Then rinse it with lukewarm water.
Your girlie parts
Because of regular discharge, urine, and sometimes sweat, the pubic area needs regular cleaning.
Or else you’ll have bad odors down there.
So how do you wash your female parts?
- For your girly parts, use mild soap and water.
- Rub the soap on and wash thoroughly.
- If you have a hand shower, use it to spray water on your feminine part to rinse off the soap.
- You would feel very clean down there.
- You can also use exfoliating gloves to gently scrub off dead skin in your area.
How to bathe properly
- First, prep your bathwater.
- If you plan to chill for a while in the tub, make the bathwater warmer. So it stays warm for a long time.
- Then, wash your body with the guide above before stepping into and relaxing in the bathwater.
- This way, your skin is already clean, so you won’t have to exfoliate anymore.
- Also, your pores will be open to the benefits of bath milk or salt.
- Step out of the bathwater onto your bath mat when you are done relaxing in the bathtub (be careful).
- Next, dry your body and use a body cream or lotion to lock in moisture.
After-shower routine to smell good and keep your skin well-moisturized
The best time to moisturize your skin is immediately after a shower or bath when it is still damp.
So it can lock in moisture.
But if you wait until your skin is completely dry, it won’t absorb the lotion the way it should.
Follow this simple after-shower routine to keep smelling good:
- After a shower, dab the water on your skin with a towel.
- Next, apply some antiperspirant to your underarms.
- Follow with moisturizing your face, neck, and chest.
- Then, use some body lotion while your skin is still damp.
- Follow with a fruity or floral body spritz and perfume, if you like.
- These will keep you clean and smelling fresh all day.
Frequently asked questions about how to shower properly
How long should your shower last?
I think showers can last between 9 and 10 minutes.
But it can take longer when you exfoliate with a scrub afterward.
Do you need to shower every day?
You don’t have to shower every day, but you can every night. Lol.
Because I take showers every day or night, I’d advise you to do that too.
And no, you don’t have to use a sponge or washcloth daily if you don’t want to.
You can still wash your body well with your palms and only soap with the steps I mentioned above.
I know you may have reservations about taking showers daily, and I respect that.
But keep reading for reasons why you should take proper showers daily.
5 Reasons why you should take showers every day
1. You’d feel clean and comfortable
You’ll feel fresh, clean, and comfortable in your clothes when you shower correctly every day.
Also, daily washing and exfoliation remove dead skin cells and excess oil, encourage blood flow to the skin, and makes you glow naturally.
Of course, you need to moisturize your skin every day after taking showers or baths.
2. You pee every day. Right?
You pee every day and most likely wipe down there with bathroom tissue.
That is a reason to take showers daily.
In case you don’t know, let me be the first to tell you that urine odor lingers in your feminine area.
So how will you smell or feel fresh if you stink down there?
Imagine wiping with toilet paper or wet wipes five days in a row.
And waiting until the week’s end to shower.
Showering daily is one of the best ways to clean your feminine area and feel fresh.
3. You do number two every day, too, don’t you?
Like peeing, most of us wipe with toilet tissue (instead of wet wipes or bidet) after number two.
Showering is a chance to wash whatever’s left in the crack after wiping with bathroom tissue.
4. Regular discharge down-there
As women, we have feminine discharge every day.
So are you okay with wiping with just toilet paper and wet wipes?
It would help if you practiced better feminine hygiene down there.
And washing your area is one of them.
5. Your menstrual period
Another reason you should consider showering every day is your menstrual period.
Just like when you pee or do number two, you can’t rely on wipes to freshen you up down there all the time.
Wipes are great for emergency freshening up, but try using water at home.
You’d feel much cleaner, believe me.
Also, once you get used to taking showers daily, you will remember to take even better care of yourself during your period.
Conclusion on how to properly shower as a woman to smell good
Boom! That’s a step-by-step guide to taking proper showers and baths as a lady.
Don’t be scared to wash your skin clean.
It is tougher than you think.
And if you focus on the body parts I mentioned above when showering, there’s no way you will stink.
Even if you shower once every two days.
And don’t forget to moisturize your skin after a shower or a bath.
Now back to you.
What are your shower tips to smell good?
Please share your tips with us.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels.
Thanks for reading.